COVID-19 Testing Questions and Answers
If you are showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or were in close contact with someone with a positive result, book your COVID-19 Test today! Burbank Urgent Care offers same day result of COVID-19 testing! Call us for more information or make a reservation. We are conveniently located at 3413 W. Pacific Avenue Suite # 102 Burbank, CA 91505.
ONLINE RESERVATION REQUIRED, NO WALK-IN AVAILABILITY
|RAPID ANTIGENT COVID-19||PCR COVID-19
|Results||Same day by 6pm||Between 3-5 days|
|If you have COVID symptoms||Doctor Visit Required | We will bill insurance*||Doctor Visit Required | We will bill insurance*|
|If you do NOT have COVID
No Insurance billing
No Insurance billing
*Restrictions apply. Insurance will NOT cover Screening or Travel Check our listed contracted insurances
- Hours for Rapid Antigen Testing, Up To 6pm w/Reservation Only (no walk-ins allowed).
- Antigen testing done outside to ensure patients safety.
- If you have had a COVID-19 exposure, wait for at least 3 days to have the Antigen test.
- Please complete this form and bring it with you > FORM
- Select a day & time for your reservation. > HERE
Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Nasal Swab
We are currently using a test that may be slightly more uncomfortable but ensures greater accuracy. It requires placing the swab deeper into the nasal cavity.
The person conducting the test will insert a long stick with a very soft brush on the end – kind of like a pipe cleaner — up your nose and twirl it around for a few seconds. The soft bristles will collect a sample of secretions there for analysis. The swab must go pretty far back, because cells and fluids must be collected from along the entire passageway that connects the base of the nose to the back of the throat to get a really good specimen.
Once the swab is taken out, and the healthcare worker is okay with the sample, they will tell you when to expect your results.
When should I be tested for covid?
Anyone who may have the following symptoms should get tested for COVID-19, these symptoms are:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Older adults and people who may have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing even worse complications from COVID-19.
As well, anyone should get tested for current infection if:
- You have been a close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 (close contact means you were within 6 feet of the person for 15 minutes or more or over a 24-hour period)
- People who have taken part in activities that may put them at higher risk for COVID-19 because they cannot physically distance themselves as needed to avoid exposure, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in a crowded or poorly-ventilated indoor setting.
- People who have been asked or referred to get tested for COVID-19 by their healthcare provider or any other government official department.
- Anyone who has any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 regardless if you have been vaccinated or you’ve had prior infection get tested.
What are the symptoms of covid-19?
COVID-19 may affect people differently and in different ways. Most infected will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.
Most common symptoms noted of COVID-19:
- Dry cough
Less common symptoms noted of COVID-19:
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- A rash on the skin, or discoloration in the fingers and/or toes
Serious symptoms noted of COVID-19 (if you have any of these symptoms, please visit the nearest Emergency Room):
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
On average its takes around 5-6 days from when someone is infected for the virus to show symptoms, however the max amount of time it normally takes is around 14 days.
What type of tests are there for covid 19?
There are three kinds of tests that are available to test for either current infection of COVID-19 or past infection of COVID-19.
Tests done for people with current symptoms of COVID-19, the following are offered:
- Molecular Test (aka RNA or PCR)
Molecular tests are considered the most sensitive for detecting an active infection of COVID-19, and the results are highly accurate.
- Antigen Test (aka Rapid Test)
Antigen tests are often called “rapid tests” because the turnaround time for them is a lot faster than molecular tests.
- Antibody Test (aka Serology test or Blood test)
Antibody tests are used to test for antibodies to the coronavirus (COVID-19) in your blood. This is to see if you previously had been infected with COVID-19.
Burbank Urgent Care offers Rapid Antigen Testing with same day results as well as Antibody Blood Testing to view if you have antibodies in relation to the coronavirus from a past infection.
If you think you may have COVID-19 or were a close contact to someone, book your COVID-19 rapid antigen test today! We serve patients from Burbank CA, Glendale CA, Pasadena CA, San Fernando CA, and La Crescenta-Montrose CA.